Serve your pasta with a budget-busting tomato and paprika sauce. It’s a healthy choice to boot
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120g smoked streaky bacon, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- grated parmesan, to serve (optional)
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the spaghetti following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the bacon for 3-4 mins until just starting to crisp. Stir in the onion and cook for another 3-4 mins, then add the garlic and smoked paprika, and cook for 1 min more.
Pour in the chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil and bubble for about 5 mins until thickened, stirring every so often to stop it catching on the bottom. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Serve with Parmesan, if you like.